Not a big post today but I was working on fixing a problem I was having with shooting the light from the wand which is finally fixed! The features I plan on adding to the light spell are as follows:
- Adding a slight strobe/pulse effect to the light to give more life to the environment
- Adding in an object pool to handle the light shots so only 1 may be shot at any given time
- Making it so that when you shoot a light it will stick to the first collider it touches. It will stay here until its time in the object pool is up. It will then dissapear and the player will be able to shoot another spell
- Adding in some sort of partcile effect to the tip of the wand to make it look a bit nicer
- Adding in sounds eventually
It will be quite a lot of work. Some of the things may never get finished in time as I have to start on other spells but I think it is good to point out what I plan on introducing to it.
Other than that, I added in basic change spell functionality, which is just pressing buttons on the Hydra and changing the colour of the light, as each spell will give off a different ambient light. I also added in checks to make sure that the Light Spell attacks could not be used while another spell is selected.
Each spell will have to have a unique looking particle effect, so I will eventually add that in along with spell functionality. I have a small GIF showing off the change spell:
Change Spell Early Test
Turned out to be a longer post than I expected, but oh well. I’m going to get to work light collision and the levitation spell next I think.